- Turkish citizenship-by-investment for real estate purchases of 1 million USD, or investments of 1 million USD
Published on: 12/01/2017
- Dutch woman denied Swiss citizenship for campaigning against the traditional use of cow bells
Published on: 11/01/2017
- Turkey issues a decree to withdraw citizenship of suspects staying abroad
Published on: 10/01/2017
- Twin babies of two fathers recognised as sons, but not as brothers in Italy
Published on: 09/01/2017
- Former Romanian President stripped of his new Moldovan passport
Published on: 04/01/2017
- Towards a South American Citizenship?
Published on: 03/01/2017
- British Sephardic Jews apply for Portuguese passports after Brexit
Published on: 02/01/2017
- Trump: citizenship revocation for burning the US flag
Published on: 01/12/2016
- Dissidents in the Gulf states stripped of their citizenship
Published on: 27/11/2016
- Post-Brexit citizenship for British EU officials? Residency issues
Published on: 15/11/2016
- Freedom of movement under attack: Is it worth defending as the core of EU citizenship?
- CITLAW Indicators (Version 2.0): updated for 2011 and now available for 2016
- Beyond Brexit: Scotland could be given a special status on immigration
- ELECLAW Indicators, Version 3.0, October 2016
- Universal suffrage for Brussels? Why foreigners need to be given the vote at regional elections and how this can be achieved.
Publications on Citizenship
Welcome to EUDO CITIZENSHIP
Democracy is government accountable to citizens. But how do states determine who their citizens are? EUDO CITIZENSHIP allows you to answer this and many other questions on citizenship in the EU member states and neighbouring countries.
On this website you can find updated information on loss and acquisition of citizenship, national and international legal norms, citizenship statistics, bibliographical resources, comparative analyses and debates about research strategies and policy reforms.
"European Citizenship is meant to be complementary to Member State nationality. The one cannot be studied or understood without the other. Now the resource exists to realize that imperative"
Joseph Weiler, President of the European University Institute