- Austrian politicians demand tougher sanctions against Austrian-Turkish dual citizens
Published on: 02/08/2016
- Increase in requests for Irish passports after Brexit
Published on: 29/07/2016
- Brexit results hit Malta’s IIP
Published on: 11/07/2016
- Romanian Constitutional Court overturns law allowing elected officials with suspended prison sentence to keep office
Published on: 08/07/2016
- Two thirds failed the new Danish citizenship test
Published on: 07/07/2016
- Brexit and citizenship
Published on: 27/06/2016
- Swiss parliament seeks to facilitate naturalisation for third generation immigrants
Published on: 16/06/2016
- 143 IIP applicants in Malta, opposition raises the issue of voting rights
Published on: 24/05/2016
- Emergency appeal to the Supreme Court regarding the right of non-resident UK citizens to vote in the Brexit referendum
Published on: 20/05/2016
- Shindler case on expat vote in the Brexit referendum unsuccessful
Published on: 28/04/2016
- Exclusion of whistleblowers, conflicting eligibility rules and strategic naturalisations – why it is time to change Olympic eligibility rules now
- Biao v. Denmark: Discrimination among nationals
- Freedom of movement under attack: Is it worth defending as the core of EU citizenship?
- Conditions for Electoral Rights 2015
- New updates to EUDO Citizenship databases
Publications on Citizenship
Welcome to EUDO CITIZENSHIP
Democracy is government accountable to citizens. But how do states determine who their citizens are? EUDO CITIZENSHIP allows you to answer this and many other questions on citizenship in the EU member states and neighbouring countries.
On this website you can find updated information on loss and acquisition of citizenship, national and international legal norms, citizenship statistics, bibliographical resources, comparative analyses and debates about research strategies and policy reforms.
Testimonials"The European Union Democracy Observatory is an excellent source of information on citizenship in Europe. Working as I do on justice and civil liberties issues in the European Parliament, I find the EUDO website very useful for the research, case-law and news it provides"
Sarah Ludford, MEP, Liberal Democrat